LOOK! I made my self my reminder sign :). And it’s sitting right next to my adorable new desk calendar from Studio Mela!
You can download yours below, but first a few words relating to all your wonderful comments on this post.
I just want you to know that I try to represent my real life on this blog … but this is a platform for my creative endeavors and my business. I hope that this doesn’t make me or my life appear sugar coated or un-real. So here is a little reality check on my ‘real life’ …
- I am a typical first born Type A personality. Anal if you will (but ewwww, I’ve always hated this term). I crave order, I need a plan, I love lists and in order to keep my sanity I keep our home generally tidy and picked up.
- Because of the above and because I was blessed with a husband and child who both (mostly) pick up after themselves, my house stays in good order. So if I have to take a week off from ‘deep cleaning’ because I have too much sewing … it doesn’t stress me out too much.
- I only have one child. He is now is school all day. While this often breaks my heart to not have him with me all day, it does give me a 6 hour block of un-interupted time five days a week.
- My husband and I have been dealing with infertility the last 6 years. This has been one of the hardest walks I’ve gone through.
- We have one car. Two years ago our ‘second car’ died and we haven’t replaced it. We are fortunate that my husband has a car he can drive to/from work. The rest of the time we share :). Said car has over 100,000 miles. It will need replaced. I’m a little scared of that day, but we’re trying to financially prepare.
- I like to get 8-9 hours of sleep every.single.day. I function best when I get this much sleep. Does this mean I might be missing out on 7-14 additional hours of sewing for the shop a week? Which could me more sales? Sure. Is the sacrifice of my health and happiness and thereby my family’s health and happiness worth it? Not at all.
- I am totally content to not leave the house. Like … I could go days and days without leaving the house or my yoga/lounge pants. If someone brought me a Starbucks iced tea every other day? I might be able to go weeks.
- My husband has had an incredibly crazy medical history the last 8 years. It has drained our finances and put us through many months of worry. He currently has blood clots in his arm and leg.
- My son gets to start orthodontic care just before he celebrates his 7th birthday next month. Boo!
- I rarely put the laundry away (but hey, it does get washed!).
- I waste too much time on the internet that I could be using for much more worthy things.
- I like several Bravo reality shows way more than I should. I really, really, really like The Real Housewives. I’m not sure what this says about me?!?
- That said, I almost never sit and watch TV. To me it is a waste of time. I ‘watch/listen’ while I sew. If I do sit and watch, it is a movie night with the family, my sweets or a quick lunch break for me. I almost always have a project in my hands. Same goes for sitting in the car … either riding as the passenger or waiting for my little to get out of school … I have a project.
- I’m not always the friend, sister or daughter I want to be.
- I’m not always the wife I want to be.
- I’m not always the mother I want to be.
See? I’m just as real as you are. And while my problems may pale in comparison to yours … or seem a lot more difficult … it’s life. Life can be messy and wonderful and terrible and incredible.
So … just because I only share a snippet of my life, please understand my life is just as real as the rest of yours :).
Now let’s end on a happy note …
As promised, here is the image for you to download, print and frame. I used a frame from the $1 bin at JoAnns. Just click the image to be taken to the file hosting site.
Remember to let me know if you play along with “My Desk Monday.”